Product shipping methods
Product shipping methods
Product shipping methods
This add-on allows you to control shipping methods for each product or a whole product category. The add-on has a settings to group products with the same shipping methods on the buyer's order page. Thus, the buyer can choose the most convenient shipping method for each product on order page.
The add-on is compatible with the entire cs-cart 4.x branch with such editions as CS-Cart, CS-Cart Ultimate, Multivendor, Multivendor Plus, Multivendor Ultimate. At the moment there is no information about the complete incompatibility with any theme. If an add-on conflicts with your theme, please contact via our Help Center.
After success payment, your order will be automatically marked as Paid within a few minutes. Once order changed to Paid status - add-on License activation passed success and you will received an e-mail with confirmation the receipt of payment and a second e-mail with a download add-on link. You can also download the add-on in our License Management section of our website. To install the add-on on your website, please follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of the add-on on our website in the "License Management" section or via the link sent by e-mail.
- Go to Add-ons → Manage Add-ons and in the gear button, select Manual Installation.
- Select the downloaded file and complete the installation of the add-on.
Add-on installation is completed. To go to the add-on settings page, select the installed add-on in the top menu Add-ons → CS-Commerce add-on
After add-on installation, its settings are set to default values. To access the add-on settings in the admin panel, go to the Add-ons → CS-Commerce add-ons section and select installed add-on from the drop-down list.
General addon settings
Main settings tab of the add-on allows you to setup grouping mode and on Multivendor edition to allow vendors to setup their products shipping method.
There are 4 types of grouping products:
- "Intellectual" (recomended) - Products in this mode will be grouped automatically to achieve a minimum number of groups. This method reaches the minimum total shipping cost. So, for every products group shipping cost will be added up.
- "Only with default shippings methods" - Products in this mode will be grouped in one group only wich have default (all) shipping methods enabled. Another products will be on separate groups. So, for every products group shipping cost will be added up.
- "Only with the same shippings methods" - Products in this mode will be grouped in one group only wich have same selected shipping methods. Another products will be on separate groups. So, for every products group shipping cost will be added up.
- "Unite all in one group" - Products in this mode will be grouped in one group. If there are no common shipping methods on products on the cart - no shipping methods will be available to choose and order can't be completed..
On the product update page you can set shipping methods allowed for this product. By default all shipping methods will be available. Selected needed shipping methods and press save button. Than shipping methods will be applied to current product.
On the category update page you can set Default shipping methods for new products, created on it. Also there a possibility to aply selected shippimg methods for all products from this category, including products from child categories.
To save shippings methods as defaults select needed shipping methods and press save button. To apply selected shipping methods to a products from current category including products from child categories press "Apply for a products" button.
In order to have access to add-on upgrades, you must have an active upgrade subscription. If the subscription period has expired, you will only have access to upgrades released before the expiration date of your subscription. You can renew your upgrades subscription in the "License Management" section on our website.
The add-on supports instant upgrades via the CS-Cart Upgrade Center. The built-in CS-Cart Notification Center (bell) will notify you about new versions release of the add-on. Upgrades via Upgrades Center will allow you to switch to a newer version without losing add-on data and settings.
Before start an upgrade process, it is highly recommended to make a full backup of the site (database and files) of your store using the server or hosting methods.
Upgrade through the Upgrade Center
- In the top menu, go to Administration → Upgrade Center;
- In the gear menu, click "Refresh available upgrades"
- Find and add-on on list of available upgrades and click the Download button and than Install button;
- Follow all the instructions that will be shown during the upgrade process;
- It is recommended to clear the CS-Cart templates cache after the upgrades are installed by deleting the var/cache folder on your server or adding the ctpl parameter to the address bar (example: https://domain.com/admin.php?ctpl).
Addon Reinstallation by uninstall old and install new:
Reinstalling an add-on means deleting the add-on's settings and data. Reinstallation will allow you to get a clean installation of the latest addon version. To reinstall the add-on with saving the add-on settings and data, please contact us via our Support Center to provide this service.
To completely reinstall an add-on without saving data, follow these steps:
- Go to Add-ons → Manage add-ons and find the old installed add-on.
- Click the delete button in the gear menu of the add-on.
- Download the latest version of the add-on on our website in the "License Management" section.
- Go to Add-ons → Manage add-ons and in the gear menu select Manual Installation. Select the previously downloaded file and complete the installation of the add-on.
The technical support of the add-on is already included in its price. Before contacting the support center, please make sure you are using the latest released version of the add-on. Old versions of the add-on are not supported by technical support.
To use our technical support, follow these steps:
- On our support center site https://helpdesk.cs-commerce.com/, log in with your account;
- Click on the "Create ticket" button;
- Fill in all the required fields and create ticket (you will receive a confirmation email);
- Expect a response from a specialist (a notification will be sent to your e-mail about the response) in accordance with the regulations of the technical support service.
If you have not received an answer within the time frame specified in the regulations, write us a message to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the ticket and we will try to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
Technical support via chat on the site, direct phone calls or e-mail letters is not provided. All help discuss goes through the support center. Carefully study the documentation for the add-on and the terms of technical support before creating a ticket.
We recommend that you familiarize with the general restrictions:
- Fragments of code or some files of an add-on may have a private (encoded) part. The coded part does not create problems on add-on customizations;
- The add-on will work only on those domains that are specified in the user's license. If you try to use the solution the domains of which are not included in the license, the add-on will be automatically disabled;
- Installing on local machines is not allowed by the licensing system. For the add-on to work on an additional domain (alias), specify this alias on the license management page. Up to three aliases are allowed per domain for testing and development purposes. You can change the main license domain yourself on the license management page.
To have possibility to add or change license domains and aliases, the upgrade subscription must be active. To change the license domain of an expired upgrades subscription, you must first renew your subscription.
Version 3.3.0 August 19 2021
- [+] Added possibility to change products shipping methods on bulk edit page
- [+] Added possibility to save products shipping methods on category
- [+] Multivendor: Added possibility to prevent vendors access to edit product shipping methods